When I am feeling fragmented or limited, seeing any of my friends in their wholeness reminds me of my own capacity.
~ adrienne marie brown
Last Friday I experimented with teaching outside at Levee Park. It was an impromptu practice, so no official announcement went out, only a quick announcement over the Yoga with Elle FB Group. Please believe this wasn’t intended to exclude anyone, just making it easy for myself to begin! If you didn’t know about it, or couldn’t make it, don’t worry, there will be more. In fact, this Friday—as long as there’s no rain—I’ll be teaching at Sinclair Park at 8:15am.
- Message or text me if you want to attend and I’ll confirm I’ve reserved a space for you. Or I’ll put you first on the list for next week.
- Please be respectful and stay 6 ft away from each other to ensure everyone who comes is safe and feels comfortable.
- I’ll wear a mask as we’re setting up so if you want to come ask questions, tell me things, etc., you’ll be safe.
- I’m going to take my mask off to teach so you can hear me and we can record sound, but I will stay on my mat and not walk around making adjustments.
- If you are nervous to be around folks but really want to come, please come, wear a mask and set up away from folks. We will lovingly stay away and give you space.
- Regular outdoor considerations to think of: You may want sun screen, bug spray, sun glasses, and a towel if it’s dewy.
- Bring your mat and a block or a blanket if you have them.
I’ve been talking with Heather about Infinity organizing these classes, but there are many details that are unclear about how that could work. And in my communications with you I know that, while many of you are ready to meet out of doors with proper precautions, some of you are best served by continued recordings. So my plan is to record one class a week at home, and one class in an outdoor setting which some of you will be attending.
Below is a recording from our impromptu session on Friday. A train showed up near the end of class making it super difficult to hear for everyone present and of course the recording was not usable, so we fixed it by re-recording that portion of the class and Brett edited it together. Expect another recording from home on Wednesday or Thursday.
As always, thank all of you so much for the inspiration, encouragement, and support of all kinds. I’m deeply honored to practice with you.
Yoga Videos and Meditation
As always, these are shared with you under the category “pay what you can, if you can.”
Here’s the link to PayPal your support: https://www.paypal.me/
Root River Yoga on Zoom
6:00-7:00pm All Levels
7:15-8:15am All Levels
*You’re invited to stay online after class for coffee/tea and a chat.
Ways to Keep Connected
- Follow Yoga with Elle on Facebook
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Ask to join private Facebook group.
- Receive this newsletter in your email by signing up here .
Tips for Practicing At Home
- Create a space for yourself, but don’t get bogged down in creating a perfect space for yourself.
- Put your class on the calendar. Make space in your day.
- Make it special for yourself. Maybe this means putting on your favorite fancy yoga pants, maybe this means you finally get to practice in your pjs.
- Reach out to me if you get stuck.