If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
In this heat, I’m finding it easier to go slow. I’m remembering my training on teaching in heated conditions. Remember to stay hydrated! Remember Ujjayi breath—we want our bodies heated internally as well as externally. Remember the cooling breath, I’ll teach that this week if you don’t know it, to keep yourself from overheating. Remember to take care of yourselves.
This week at our outdoor Sinclair practice we were visited by a neighbor’s lawnmower at the end. Due to Brett’s sound editing those of you practicing with the recording won’t be bothered by it, but you will notice me looking behind me at the lawnmower. In retrospect I’m unclear why I thought looking at him sternly through my sunglasses would help.
Our other video is a Basics class with an emphasis on Sun Salutations. I love breaking down the salutation so much… as I’m sure you know! I concentrated less on shoulder support than usual, to make room for other things such as lengthening the low back in cobra. I experimented with a do-it-yourself version of a Forrest assist. This assist actually feels really good, but is not easy to include in a physical class anyways because of the potential awkwardness… well you’ll see. 🙂 Reach out to me with questions.
Root River Yogis, many of you are getting bolsters this week. Congrats! We’ll set a date for a special Thursday morning Yin class now that I know most of you are geared appropriately. Meanwhile in all of my Root River Zoom classes, I’ll include more warm down/cool down poses at the end of class that utilize bolsters. If you don’t have a bolster don’t worry! You can substitute other pillows, and if this doesn’t sound fun to you, you can always contact Amanda and see if there are any of her bolsters left.
I realized this morning that Heather had sent her Newsletter out last night, you’ll notice if you look on the schedule that my class isn’t listed. This is simply because Heather and I haven’t had a chance to talk and iron out the details. Assuming that we do get a chance to talk this week, I’ll start next Monday. Thanks for your patience!
So much Love,
Friday 8:15am Sinclair Park
Things to know about Yoga with Elle Outside:
- Please message or text me if you’re planning on attending. If there’s last minute changes I want to make sure I know who to contact. Also I really love knowing who I’m planning classes for!
- Please be respectful and stay 6′ away from each other to ensure everyone who comes is safe and feels comfortable.
- I’ll wear a mask as we’re setting up so if you want to come ask questions, tell me things, etc., you’ll be safe.
- I’m going to take my mask off to teach so you can hear me and we can record sound, but I will stay on my mat and not walk around making adjustments.
- If you are nervous to be around folks but really want to come, please come, wear a mask and set up away from folks. We will lovingly stay away and give you space.
- Regular outdoor considerations to think of: You may want sun screen, bug spray, sun glasses, and a towel if it’s dewy.
- Bring your mat and a block or a blanket if you have them.
Yoga Videos and Meditation
As always, these are shared with you under the category “pay what you can, if you can.”
Here’s the link to PayPal your support: https://www.paypal.me/
Root River Yoga on Zoom
6:00-7:00pm All Levels
7:15-8:15am All Levels
*You’re invited to stay online after class for coffee/tea and a chat.
Ways to Keep Connected
- Follow Yoga with Elle on Facebook
- Email me at email@example.com with any questions.
- Ask to join private Facebook group.
- Receive this newsletter in your email by signing up here .
Tips for Practicing At Home
- Create a space for yourself, but don’t get bogged down in creating a perfect space for yourself.
- Put your class on the calendar. Make space in your day.
- Make it special for yourself. Maybe this means putting on your favorite fancy yoga pants, maybe this means you finally get to practice in your pjs.
- Reach out to me if you get stuck.