What is easy is sustainable. Birds coast when they can.
~Adrienne Maree Brown, Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds
First of all thank you for all of your patience with the registration process. I finally have some answers for you! You can continue registering with me by letting me know you’re coming. I’ll confirm that there’s a space for you. Yes, you can pre-register through August. Payment still happens through Infinity. If you’re not sure if you still have classes on your card, just register and come and I’ll let you know how many you have left. Easy Peasy.
If you register and can’t make it, please give me at least 24 hours notice. It’s quite possible we’ll have a waiting list some weeks. Of course, if you wake up with Covid symptoms, don’t come, all will be forgiven and refunded.
This Thursday morning at 7:15am I’m teaching a Yin class over Zoom via Root River. Click here to register. If the $15 drop in rate is cost-prohibitive, there’s an option to just donate what you can. Email me with any questions.
For those of you who are practicing via video, a new video will be in your inboxes tomorrow. Brett was dealing with an injury on Friday and not able to make it to class. I didn’t have it together to record solo, though we have figured out how I can do this if there’s a next time. We have recorded a gentle class including some opportunities to take care of your sciatic, femoral, and median nerves, inspired by the teachings of Tiffany Cruikshank, one of the founders of yogamedicine.com.
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we figure this all out. As I look forward to this fall when Friday classes will need to come indoors and potentially we’ll be adding in a Wednesday class, one thing we need to think about is the time. On Wednesday and Friday we’d need to start at 8am to accommodate Lynn’s class. What do you think, should we just move all the class times to make it consistent? Do you like the extra 15 minutes of sleep on Monday?
So much Love,
Schedule for Week of July 20th.
8:15 am All Levels – Infinity Full
6pm All Levels – Root River Zoom
7:15am Yin Yoga – Root River Zoom
8:15am Yoga with Friends – Sinclair Park
Things to know about Yoga with Elle Outside:
- Please message or text me if you’re planning on attending. If there’s last minute changes I want to make sure I know who to contact. Also I really love knowing who I’m planning classes for!
- Please be respectful and stay 6′ away from each other to ensure everyone who comes is safe and feels comfortable.
- I’ll wear a mask as we’re setting up so if you want to come ask questions, tell me things, etc., you’ll be safe.
- I’m going to take my mask off to teach so you can hear me and we can record sound, but I will stay on my mat and not walk around making adjustments.
- If you are nervous to be around folks but really want to come, please come, wear a mask and set up away from folks. We will lovingly stay away and give you space.
- Regular outdoor considerations to think of: You may want sun screen, bug spray, sun glasses, and a towel if it’s dewy.
- Bring your mat and a block or a blanket if you have them.
Yoga Videos and Meditation
As always, these are shared with you under the category “pay what you can, if you can.”
Here’s the link to PayPal your support: https://www.paypal.me/
New video coming tomorrow!
Root River Yoga on Zoom
6:00-7:00pm All Levels
7:15-8:15am All Levels (This week is a special Yin Yoga class!)
*You’re invited to stay online after class for coffee/tea and a chat.
Ways to Keep Connected
- Follow Yoga with Elle on Facebook
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Ask to join private Facebook group.
- Receive this newsletter in your email by signing up here .
Tips for Practicing At Home
- Create a space for yourself, but don’t get bogged down in creating a perfect space for yourself.
- Put your class on the calendar. Make space in your day.
- Make it special for yourself. Maybe this means putting on your favorite fancy yoga pants, maybe this means you finally get to practice in your pjs.
- Reach out to me if you get stuck.