“She had never imagined that curiosity was one of the many masks of love.”
~Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Love in the Time of Cholera
Hi, how are you? What is your life like now? Are you working from home? Are you suddenly without a job? Are you well? Are you finding moments of joy? Do you remember how much I love you?
Thank you to everyone who has supported me by paying for the videos they watched. Your support is deeply felt. I also want to thank everyone for their encouraging words, these too are so necessary to me. Seriously, I’m sending the love right back to you 1000 fold!
Quick update on my life. I have picked up as many hours as I can with my job at Home and Community Options (HCO). The individuals in the home where I work need full time care so I’m blessedly not worried about being unemployed anytime soon. I enjoy the work itself and I it is so fulfilling to know I am making a difference in individuals lives.
As you know I have also been recording yoga classes and, with Brett’s help, uploading them and distributing them the best we can. So far only Clovis the Cat has made a debut with me onscreen, but I’m sure eventually you’ll meet the whole furry family! If we had more space I’d have Brett practice with me but as it is he is practicing off screen and keeping an eye on things to make sure the recording goes smoothly.
Because of how much time I’m needing to work outside of my teaching schedule, and the amount of time that shooting video and uploading it has taken, Brett and I are going to take at this Saturday off to give me time to regroup. If you are waiting on a hip opening sequence, don’t worry it’s coming to you next Wednesday instead!
What I need most from you right now is some feedback about what would be most useful for you. I realize that every yoga teacher in the world just went online and there are TONS of options. When I get a moment, I plan to take advantage of some of this myself! So what I can use from you is some feedback about how I can support you during this time.
- Have you already watched the videos I’ve put up?
- Do you intend to practice with me online while that is an option?
- Do you prefer recorded videos that you can watch anytime and are there for you to return to?
- Or, do you prefer live recordings at the times our classes used to be?
- 8:15am Mon/Wed/Fri
- 10:45am Sat
- Do you just want to keep in touch and not worry about practicing with me right now?
This weekend I will have time to spend more time figuring out the Zoom platform and how that works, as well as read through all of your replies. Expect a Sunday Newsletter from me letting you know what next week looks like in terms of Yoga with Elle classes.
See you on the mat!
Tips for Practicing At Home
- Create a space for yourself, but don’t get bogged down in creating a perfect space for yourself.
- Put your class on the calendar. Make space in your day.
- Make it special for yourself. Maybe this means putting on your favorite fancy yoga pants, maybe this means you finally get to practice in your pjs.
- Reach out to me if you get stuck.
- Yes, I know I used this image twice.